Skip to content

Some teeny-tiny monstrous news…

August 8, 2012

My blogging has become irregular, which I hear is the cardinal sin of blogging, but I’m also not one to care very much about that. If you find you’re missing blog posts and you don’t want to, you can subscribe by email on the right. My blogging is likely not going to become predictable any time soon.

Because I am pregnant!

I’m due April 1st. I know, I know. April Fool’s. Insert joke below.

I’m about 6 1/2 weeks, which might be a little early to tell the whole world. BUT. Enduring 3 pregnancies in 4 years, my abs sniffed those pregnancy hormones this time around and just surrendered. So at not quite 7 weeks and having gained zero pounds, I look like I did at about 20 weeks with Breckon:

So, if you’re anywhere near me, you would have guessed anyway. I’ve also been sick as a dog, and this is by far the hardest 1st trimester I’ve had. If I don’t eat, I get nauseous. If I do eat, my stomach hurts for about two hours afterwards – no matter what I eat and how little I eat. I have this hate/hate relationship with food right now and absolutely dread every meal to the point of tears (which may also be the raging hormones, but it is really frustrating to do all this meal planning and coupon clipping and then everything sounds so awful). I also have this weird penchant for stomach viruses when I’m pregnant. I had 4 of them while pregnant with Kian, and I’ve already contracted one in this pregnancy. Which you probably already knew about because of my incessant online complaining.

We are thrilled. Nervous, but thrilled. There are many days where I feel like two kids are a little more than I can handle, and three might kill me.

Some Answers to Your Questions:

1) Yes, this was planned. Yes, this is a chaotic time for planning a pregnancy. But we knew we wanted one more, and we always wanted our kids pretty close in age so that when we are done with the baby stage, we are DONE. And having a baby in the midst of culture shock in a brand new country where you don’t speak the language well, and the maternal death rate is rather high where we are going…we figured the time is now. I know my capacity for handling newness, and it does not include a newborn overseas.

2) I know I’m already getting big, but we had it confirmed today that it’s not twins. Even if there were twins in there, they are smaller than your fingernail and couldn’t create a bump like this. Pregnancies just weaken your abs.

3) No, this won’t turn into a pregnancy blog. In fact, that’s probably the only picture of me you’re going to get on here. I will probably have some musings on pregnancy, but to tell you the truth, nearly all pregnant women hear about is pregnant-talk and baby-talk, so I like to get on here and talk about something else for a change.

4) You can pray for a healthy pregnancy, that my kids would behave (Kian is getting closer to 2 every day), and that this aversion to all food would ease up. I’m just exhausted and get so anxious about every meal, so I’m praying the next few weeks will go much faster than the last 3 have!

And hey, yay for babies! :) We are so, so excited to meet this new little one with his/her own personality.

Moms of three, how was it going from two to three kids?

Any tips from moms of three kids under 4? I may or may not be panicking a little.

About these ads
21 Comments leave one →
  1. August 8, 2012 2:06 pm

Congratulations!!!! Oh goodness, I hope you feel better soon. And I can’t believe that cute little bump!

Okay, two to three was kind of a bigger deal that I expected. At home it was more or less fine, but when we were out I was surprised to suddenly feel like Mother Duck with all her baby ducklings straggling behind.

And we had 3 kids, 4 and under. Is that the same thing? My oldest was a little past his 4th birthday when our 3rd was born. It was fine, mostly, except for all the car seat buckles. Ugh.

2. August 8, 2012 2:11 pm

Both my girls are grown so I won’t be of any help there. Just wanted you to know I am praying for you and I imagine many others are as well. I empathize with you. Everything made me sick my first pregnancy and not just food. Certain colors made me sick, jewelry made me sick and so did certain songs. Yes, I was pathetic. Anyway, congratulations to you and I think you look beautiful!

• August 11, 2012 8:48 pm

This made me laugh!! Colors and songs made you sick!?! I believe it though…I think any kind of ailment is legit when you’re pregnant – it heightens the senses for SURE!!

3. Morgan permalink
    August 8, 2012 2:14 pm

Congrats! I’ve always heard the odd numbered children are the hardest, but I think they are all hard! :-) At least Breckon is older and can help and Kian won’t be far behind him. And this time, they have each other so hopefully that will help with all the much needed mommy attention after baby’s born. I’m sure you’ll do great and there’s always time for that hardcore ab workout when the kids go to school (atleast that’s what I keep telling myself). We’re so excited for you all!

4. Tim permalink
    August 8, 2012 2:14 pm

Congratulations, Aubry, great news! We just have the two kids, so no experience to share about raising three. That said, if this baby turns out to be a girl I some stories about a daughter as a younger sister to a boy!

Praying now for the WHOLE family, new one and all,
    Tim

5. August 8, 2012 2:16 pm

Congratulations! I have no advice for you about the number and ages of kids (mine are 5 and 2 and we don’t plan to have another) but as for meals, I know I am hoping to use my crock pot a lot more than I used to–at least once a week instead of just randomly–so that could be something to help you. Then all you have to do is throw the food in and the prep takes a lot less time.

• August 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh girl, I’ve started taking your advice on the crockpot already. I have some energy mid-morning, and ZERO around dinnertime. Perfect for crockpot cooking.

6. sadiedodson permalink
    August 8, 2012 2:19 pm

Congratulations!! You are now moving from ‘mam-on-man’ to ‘zone’ defense! If it is any encouragement, the hardest transition for us was from 1 to 2, that is where you learn to juggle. :) Praying the pregnancy goes smoothly.

7. August 8, 2012 2:20 pm

Aubry, ConGrats!!!
    I too am a mom of 3 under 4 {now…it was 3 under 2.5}. You’re going to have so much fun!
    My advise would be:
    take care of postpartum depression ASAP. Don’t deny it and always ask question {even if you think you’re silly or the ‘only one’ wondering: That’s NOT true} and confess your real emotions about being overwhelmed some days Postponing things like this will only make things harder.
    be prepared to play “zone” I personally think its harder going from 2-3 than it was 1-2. You and the hubs can no longer call dibs on which kid you’re going to take care of, load, or change ;O) No more “one on one defense”
    work it like a day care girl! With kiddos so close it makes it easy to prep ahead and just do everything times 3.
    You got this! God made us to have babies and have’m young.

Seriously though, if you Ever have any questions, hit me up! I’m far from an expert but I’ve been there and currently living it. I still LOVE kids and want more ;O)

8. Brittany G permalink
    August 8, 2012 2:23 pm

Congratulations!

9. August 8, 2012 3:00 pm

This is going to sound weird, but a few weeks ago I was just sitting in my room praying through my list of friends and a thought popped into my head. “I think Aubry’s pregnant.” This is not the first time I’ve had a feeling about something before it was announced, but God still catches me off guard with these things! Congratulations! You’re already a great mom and you will continue to be one!

• August 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Ha, that’s funny, Katherine. I remember that happening once before. Glad to know God is prompting you to pray for me! :) I could use it lately!!

10. Kent H. permalink
    August 8, 2012 3:02 pm

Congrats to you and Brady!! Three is a perfect number, but we’ll pray for twins……or more. LOL! Hope you get to feeling better.

11. August 8, 2012 5:15 pm

Congratulations, Aubry! I love your writing and your thinking, by the way!

Just this week I was reading through my journals of when my 3rd baby was born (he just turned 25 yesterday). My oldest had just turned 3 and my 2nd born was 1 1/2 years, so exhaustion was the main word of my day.

I was married but my husband wanted nothing to do with our family and stayed away all day until 9-11 pm at night. I had no help, so that made a huge difference!

I remember rejoicing so much… my girls loved their little newborn brother. We were happy, excited, joyful… but exhausted, all the same. No doubt about it, after the 3rd one, you will definitely want to be in top physical condition. Lots of exercise, all day long!

I wouldn’t change anything, though… every month it gets easier. And then in a couple of years you’ll have it made, because they will have so much in common and be able to play together.

Special days ahead! It is scary, though… that’s natural, but God is with you :)

12. Pat Meeks Ramey permalink
    August 8, 2012 8:01 pm

April 1st!!! Best Day in the year to have a birthday. Just ask me. I’ve had 59 of them on that day!!! A Three Creeks Acquaintance.

13. August 8, 2012 10:57 pm

Congratulations, Aubrey! For me, going from 1-2 and 3-4 were the hardest. 2-3 was much easier. I think it’s because I had two kids who were 4 and 3 who could entertain each other an delay together, and I didn’t have schooling responsibilities yet, and I could just enjoy the baby while they played. It should be great for you! : ) And, let me just say, you’re wise to “plan” this for before you go overseas. Those first 2-3 years overseas you will be SO overwhelmed (which is why there’s a 3 year gap between our second and third!) : ) Many blessings and prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

• August 11, 2012 8:52 pm

I got culture shock moving from small-town Arkansas to big-city North Carolina, so I figure I need all the help I can get with those first few years overseas! No babies for me during that time, thank you!! :)

14. Leslie Dixon permalink
    August 10, 2012 10:17 am

Congratulations, Aubrey! I will be praying for your health as you navigate this first trimester, and pray that any aversion to food disappear quickly! I too am expecting my third . . . but in November, a few months after we have officially begun homeschooling our first (soon-to-be-six y/o). I can’t let you know quite yet how hard it is, but I know I’m preparing my other two to be more of a team! Mommy’s going to need helpers :) My husband is a bi-vocational church planter so unfortunately I’ve been doing zone defense for most of my 3 y/o’s life . . . I praying that has prepared me for the third too :P

15. Sis permalink
    August 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Going from 2 to 3 was absolutely the smoothest transition ever, and #3 was even full of preemie excitement – but when he came home, he fit in like he’d always been there. I loved the joyful chaos of having 3 kids. :) Congratulations!

• Sis permalink
      August 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Forgot to say, my oldest had turned 5 just 2 weeks before, middle was 2 3/4 when the youngest was born. I wanted them even closer together but God slowed me down a bit. lol

16. Brenden permalink
    September 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Been there! You would thoroughly enjoy and be blessed by the little quick-read, Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic.

Speak up!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,757 other followers